Sport Resolutions (SRUK) recognised in the Review of Australia’s Sport Integrity Arrangements
Sport Resolutions has contributed to a specific Review into the integrity of Australian sport led by James Wood AO QC as part of the development of the Australian Government’s National Sport Plan.
The Review covers one of the four pillars of Sport 2030, Australia’s National Sport Plan, which has recently been released. The pillars include: performance, participation, prevention through physical activity, and integrity.
Sport Resolutions Chief Executive, Richard Harry, contributed to the Review providing details of the services Sport Resolutions carries out both within the UK and internationally.
The Review recognised that ‘SRUK is one of the most successful and well-regarded sports arbitration agencies globally- demonstrated in part by its growing client base and expanding remit.’
A key recommendation in the Review is for the Australian Government to establish an independent arbitral tribunal for sports matters, the National Sports Tribunal (NST). The Review goes on to state that the model for this proposed NST should be similar to that employed by Sport Resolutions in that it must: *
• be cost effective for both sports and participants, with funding provided in part by government and in part on a user-pays basis (on a sliding scale based on financial capacity)
• be efficient, including with regard to clear, consistently applied, and flexible practice and procedure
• be transparent – publishing decisions by default, with discretion to withhold confidential material or sensitive decisions by the NST on application by the parties
• have pre-eminent arbitrators available on a closed list, with appointment to the list by application and selection processes conducted by the proposed National Sports Integrity Commission in consultation with the Minister for Sport.
Please click here to read the full review.
To see the Sport 2030 Plan please click here.
* “Recommendation 30”, page:159, Report of the Review of Australia’s Sport Integrity Arrangements