SEMINAR: Inside Information and Sanctions for Corruption
Sport Resolutions, in association with 3 Paper Buildings (3PB), will be holding its first seminar of 2018 centred around corruption in sport, and sanctions for match-fixing and betting in sport.
The seminar will be held on Thursday 21st June at our office, 1 Salisbury Square in London.
Louis Weston, a barrister at 3PB will be delivering the seminar, and the session will be in two parts. In the first we will review the importance of preventing match fixing and illicit betting in sport, its detection, investigation and prosecution. In the second part, we will review the range of sanctions across sports for match-fixing, and policies for protecting whistle-blowers.
Provisional Seminar Programme:
13.00 – 13.15 Registration
13.15 – 14.15 First session
14.15 – 14.30 Break
14.30 – 15.30 Second session
15.30 – 16.30 Networking
The seminar will address;
- The risk to sport of match-fixing
- The arguments for and against betting by participants
- How whistle blowers can and should be protected
- How different sports sanction such offences
- The difficulties and problems encountered in the detection of match and spot fixing
Please click here to book online.