Job Opportunity: Regulatory Commissions & Appeals Officer
The FA is seeking to hire a Regulatory Commissions and Appeals Officer
Closing Date: 18th June 2019
Provide assistance to the process of Regulatory Commissions and Appeal Boards arising from Regulatory Commission decisions for the Premier League to Step 4 of the National League system.
- Acting as Secretary for Regulatory Commissions and Appeal Board hearings, as required, particularly for all appropriate Step 1 to 4 (inclusive) cases from the football pyramid, whether on and offsite hearings.
- Provide creative hearing & administrative support as well as advice on disciplinary procedures & tasks where appropriate.
- Monitor and coordinate communications received, whilst providing assistance in the day to day workings of the Regulatory Commissions & Appeals team.
- Reviewing of written reasons for Regulatory Commissions and Appeal Boards when acted as Secretary, identifying and rectifying errors before issuance to parties and/or publication, whilst assisting with review of additional reasons as they arise from time to time.
- Issue written reasons of Regulatory Commissions and Appeal Boards in a timely fashion, maintain up to date written reasons library and server filing system.
- Deputise for the Regulatory Commissions & Appeals Manager in times of absence with tasks such as liaising with the Judicial Panel Chairman, actively managing the Team Administrator(s) and contacting the FA Communications team in relation to regulatory decisions.
- Provide appropriate advice on procedures to clubs and Participants at professional levels of the game to Step 4 in relation to the process in place for Regulatory Commissions and Appeal Boards.
- Assist in the production and distribution of guidance and/or educational content for dissemination at professional level to Step 4 of the game.
- Monitor and coordinate scheduling of hearings, including but not limited to issuing case papers, booking of meeting rooms/hotels, while dealing with general queries relating to same. Also carrying out any other required administration for personal and non-personal hearings.
- Perform weekly, monthly, bi-annual, annual and ad-hoc administration tasks for the team as required.
- Execute the admin fees and fines process when required while maintaining an up to date account of all relevant monies (received, outstanding or payments plans) on the applicable systems. Act accordingly on any non-payments.
- Assist with tasks relating to Judicial Panel Members as they arise.
- Note potential improvements to internal procedures and submit recommendations to line manager.
- Creating and/or maintaining up to date pro formas/templates in relation to the team’s differing tasks & objectives.
- Process relevant invoices and purchase orders in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with the Equality Department in relation to mandatory education orders, and other relevant matters should they arise, whilst ensuring non-compliance breaches are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA Group changing priorities.
- Significant experience working in a professional office environment.
- Educated to degree level.
- Sound understanding of disciplinary processes and procedures in sport.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience working with different internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Capacity to handle confidential data/information sensitively.
- Ability to problem solve and solution focused.
- Flexibility on hours and weekend working during busy periods, as required.
- Strong understanding of the structure and characteristics of the Premier League, EFL, National League and National League System.
- Previous experience working in a regulatory, legal, enforcement or sport environment.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- Sound knowledge of FA Rules and Regulations and knowledge of internal FA Governance policies and practices.
- Experience working in a high profile environment where decisions can be picked up by the media.
- Managerial experience.
- Ability to work to the highest standards and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Business or Legal background.
Interviews are currently scheduled to be held on the 26th and 27th June 2019.
Please click here to apply for the role.