English Mixed Martial Arts Association established for MMA growth
A newly formed English Association for MMA (EMMAA) has been set up to support the growth of the sport in the country and push it towards the Olympics.
The organisation was launched in Birmingham and has nine founding directors. President and international referee – Marc Goddard commented, “I am thrilled, excited and ambitious to share the future of mixed martial arts that we hold a collective responsibility to.“
The establishment will work under the auspices of the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF WMMAA) with a focus on education, training and development. A number of objectives have been announced and include:
– To develop the amateur sport with the long-term goal of seeing MMA at the Olympic Games.
– To harness the benefits MMA has to offer wider society.
– To represent English MMA internationally with the development of a national team via domestic competition.
– The installation of a national rankings system.
– To promote a positive image of mixed martial arts.
For more information visit IMMAF here.