Sport Resolutions is an independent, not-for-profit, dispute resolution service for sport, based in the United Kingdom, and operating globally.
We were established by the main stakeholder groups in sport. Our aim is to provide an expert, speedy and cost effective alternative to internal appeals processes and court-based litigation. We provide sport specific arbitration and mediation services and operate the National Anti-Doping Panel (NADP) and National Safeguarding Panel (NSP).
Sport Resolutions has..
- resolved over 1500 disputes across 40 sports in the past 10 years
- saved sports more than £15,000,000 in legal and administration costs
- received 300 requests for help each year, which leads to 180 cases being resolved by arbitration or mediation
- resolved 40 athlete selection disputes before Commonwealth, Olympic and Paralympic Games
- received over 135 international referrals since 2017
- resolved 250+ anti-doping disputes since 2007 of which 80 were cases for international federations
- received 88 referrals from the Athletics Integrity Unit since 2017
- assisted more than 70% of athletes involved in anti-doping proceedings nationally, and one third internationally through our Pro Bono Panels in 2019/2020
- over 220 sport specific arbitrators and mediators, covering both the UK and international regions
- provided guidance to authorities in Japan in relation to the provision of dispute resolution services for the Rugby World Cup 2019 and upcoming Olympics in 2020
- been recognised in the Review of Australia’s Sport Integrity Arrangements as “one of the most successful and well-regarded sports arbitration agencies globally”
- operated the ad hoc panel of the World Athletics Disciplinary Tribunal for the duration of the 2019 World Athletics Championships in Doha
- assisted the ITF by operating and administering an ad hoc Independent Tribunal during the 2019 Davis Cup Finals in Madrid
- delivered educational seminars/presented to over 3500 attendees covering topical matters in sport
Some of the significant cases we have helped to resolve/ involved in the process are:
- World Athletics v Cristian Coleman
- World Athletics v Salwa Eid Naser
- Queens Park Rangers v EFL
- UK Anti-Doping v Joanna Blair
- World Athletics v Kipyegon Bett
- EFL v Birmingham City FC
- EFL v Sheffield Wednesday (Decision & Decision on senction)
- Sheffield Wednesday v EFL
- Wigan Athletic v EFL
- EFL v Derby County
- RFU v Ashley Johnson
- ITF v Sara Errani
- World Athletics v Violah Jepchumba
- UK Anti-Doping v Eric Molina
- The FA v Wayne Shaw
- UKAD v Zak Hardaker
- The FA v Chelsea & Tottenham
- The FA v Joey Barton
- Ilie Nastase v ITF
- Aljaz Bedene & Lawn Tennis Association v ITF
- UK Anti-Doping v Tyson Fury
- ITF v Dan Evans
- Salford Red Devils v RFL
- UK Anti-Doping vs Jonathan Tiernan-Locke (the UK's first biological passport case)
- Aaron Cook vs Taekwondo UK
- The FA vs John Terry
- Coach A vs National Governing Body
- World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association vs John Higgins and Pat Mooney
- Marvin Andrews and Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation
- Christine Ohuruogu vs British Olympic Association
- Cycling Independent Review
- The FA Independent Child Sex Abuse Review
- LTA Independent Review
- The PFA Review
For other decisions please visit here.
We are based in central London at our 1 Salisbury Square Arbitration and Mediation Centre. We also hold hearings, mediations and investigations throughout the UK and internationally as required by the parties to a dispute.
Sport Resolutions is the trading name of Sports Dispute Resolution Panel Ltd Registered in England & Wales. Company No. 03351039
Sport Resolutions is a separate body, and has no relationship or affiliation with Sport Dispute Solutions Ireland (SDSI).
Should you require Sport Resolutions to conduct and manage an investigation, review or inquiry, please contact us.