Sport Resolutions is the independent, not-for-profit, dispute resolution service for sport in the United Kingdom. We were established by the main stakeholder groups in sport. Our aim is to provide an expert, speedy and cost effective alternative to internal appeals processes and court-based litigation. We provide sport specific arbitration and mediation services and operate the National Anti-Doping Panel (NADP) and National Safeguarding Panel (NSP). Two-thirds of our income is self generated through service level agreements with NGBs, arbitration and mediation fees, training and room hire. One third of our income is received from UK Sport to provide a service to organisations in the Olympic and Paralympic high performance sport system.
Some of the significant cases we have helped to resolve are:
- UK Anti-Doping vs Jonathan Tiernan-Locke (the UK's first biological passport case)
- Aaron Cooke vs Taekwondo UK (London 2012 Olympic selection appeal)
- The FA vs John Terry (allegations of racial abuse)
- Coach A vs National Governing Body (appeal against life time ban from sport for sexual abuse of a child)
- World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association vs John Higgins and Pat Mooney (allegations of match fixing)
- Marvin Andrews and Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation (dispute over a revenue sharing agreement arising from FIFA 2006 World Cup)
- Christine Ohuruogu vs British Olympic Association (appeal against life time ban under BOA anti-doping bye-law)
- National Governing Body and Olympic athlete (mediation to resolve dispute over participation in world class performance programme)
We are based in central London at our 1 Salisbury Square Arbitration and Mediation Centre. We also hold hearings and mediations throughout the UK as required by the parties to a dispute.